The Horrific London Attacks
I am writing this on the day that London and indeed the whole of England woke up to the horrific and upsetting news that there had been bomb attacks on our transport system.
I am writing this because I wanted to get out what I felt the day it all happened.
My emotions have changed during the day but when I first heard I was both shocked and worried as I have numerous friends who either live and work in London. I slowly through the course of the day found out that they were all , thankfully, ok. It was difficult at first though because of the mobile phones being only available for emergency calls in the city.
I have been at times depressed, upset, angered and fearful of todays events. Not fear for the terrorists themselves, luckily my psyche could not give the terrorists that pleasure but fearful at what now our culture will become.
We are a resillient, strong population of people and I don't want to see that changed by todays events.
I have been amazed by the footage I have seen on the news at just how calm and responsible and strong people in our dear capital have been. Also it was encouraging and amazing to see just how alert, together, stable and heroic our aid workers have been any of us who know anyone in the blast or were there ourselves can only owe them a great thanks and the rest of us can be proud at the way we have reacted.
This is a harrowing upseting and unforgiveable event. There is no explanation for it that I can understand or condone and although I hope for resolution and for London to return to the city I visit regularly, know and love , I am not sure after todays attacks than it can do.
Although today has been an emotional rather than political day for me I was angered to see George Bush making a statement about the 'goodness of the west', 'the evil ones' and his support of 'human rights'. Why doesn't he just shut up. There is good and bad around the world, on our doorstep and in far flung corners it is too naive to see this as a cowboy in white and cowboy in black scenario. Also to have George 'Dubya' Bush making speeches on peace and human rights - maybe he should start to practice what he preaches!
To the families and friends of the victims of todays horrific and upsetting attacks I send my heartfelt prayers and best wishes.
With pure love and strength we can carry on
With pure love and strength we will prevail
With pure love and strength we will end hate and fear.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home