Monday, January 10, 2005

Weekend Update

Hello all avid Blog readers and how are we this fine evening?

It has come to my attention that I didn't really post a message this weekend, so as I know you're all terribly interested, I thought I'd get you up to date.

Saturday 8th January-
The only thing of interest that happened this day was that my sister held a concert. It was an effort to raise money for her gap year as she is traveling to India to teach homeless and impoverished children art, music, sport, English and things like that. Obviously now, with the terrible Tsunami event she will also be doing a great deal of work to help those families too. We are all really proud of her that she has chosen to combine her gap year traveling with charity and so as I like to support my Sis in all her endeavors I trundled along to the local Baptist Church, which they'd rented for the night, and was treated to some wonderfull music. My father, a multi-instrumentalist and conductor of the Alton town Orchestra, brought along his orchestra pals and did a few numbers and my sis and her friend, May, performed many vocal numbers and classical pieces. My Sis plays Piano and saxophone as well and impressed me with some very difficult performances even for the grade 8 level which she is at. So WELL DONE Sis - she raised well over 200 pounds.

Sunday 9th January -
Inspired by the previous night but also as I hadn't recorded anything for a week or so, I sat down and wrote and recorded a song of my own composing called 'What you're looking for' and a version of the old gospel number 'Down by the Riverside'. Having flexed my musical muscle I then spent the rest of the day relaxing the other muscles I have and sat down to watch 'The Life Aquatic' which I recommend to ANYONE and EVERYONE.

Monday 10th January -
I was back at work today and it was casual dress for charity day, so I dutifully put some money in the bucket and slobbed round the office in my baggy cords and blue shirt. I am now at home relaxing and shall remain that way till I decide to make myself some dinner.
All the best to you and yours and until next time....
adios


What You're Looking For
by Jon Cross
May was the month
that she went away
the clouds had opened up
and the birds wouldn't sing
there was no light
no calm after the storm
and the telephone
lost its ring
He traveled to Indiana
to get himself some peace
and to
lay low for awhile
She left by boat
and traveled East
watching the mainland
get smaller by the mile
It's difficult to think
how many moments that you blink
and you miss what it was
you've been looking for
and I know it's hard to see
all the sky and all the sea
but you'll take it in
when you find what it was
you've been looking for.
He tried to find his way
while working in a cafe
that was out on
route 409
he had a room
out the back
and he said
it suited him just fine
The manager had said
make it your own
so he hung pictures
and painted on the wall
She never saw him
after that they never wrote
or spoke at all
and it's difficult to think
how many moments that you blink
and miss what it was
you've been looking for
and I know it's hard to see
all the sky and all the sea
but you'll take it in when you find
what it was
you've been looking for
you've been looking for
you've been looking for

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home