Comments from the small hours...
Well it's a new year isn't it. Well at least it was for me, just over 26hrs ago.... 2005 here it is in all its not so shiny, dung smelling glory. What wonder.
The mood of the cocktail party (by which I mean me and some friends drinking random spirits with random mixers and playing games) I held last night was of course dampned by this horrific news about the tsunami in the Indian ocean that has been flooding in (pardon the pun) since christmas. I am afraid I have no deep thoughts on the subject as it is one of those things I find just too huge to conceive. I will say this though, being a natural disaster it is interesting to see how everyone can find it a tragedy (which of course it is, a monumental one) and opinion seems fairly unified - lets get them aid and lets do it now. Whereas, no matter what loss of life, if the tragedy is remotely man made or inflicted (especially in the east) people's opinions are so widely divided and so often wrong but enough politics, back to me and how great I am...
So yes I celebrated the New Year (an event I prefer considerably to christmas which is just nonsense) the traditional British way - by getting drunk with close friends.
I was lucky enough to sleep through my hangover... so there, every cloud does have a silver lining and with Britain having its usual fantasticly gloomy weather, there are SO MANY clouds to choose from.
I now sit, smoking a cigarette in my music room writing this to you, the reading masses, with a view to turning in and going to bed fairly soon.
so goodnight to you all and lets see what tomorrow can bring.


1 Comments:
Happy New year to my favorite cheey Brit!
Hugs and smooches from one of the Yank girls you call your friend... and who would hire you to be her nanny :o)
Enjoy!
Post a Comment
<< Home